Thursday, August 06, 2009

X rescued me from my overpriced hotel and took me out to lunch.  I'm going to try to post photos of our crazy Nanjing feast.  She found a great deal for me over at the East Star Holiday Hotel just down the road from the Center.  I have an airy room.  Too airy, in fact, given that my bathroom is enclosed in glass, perfectly clear glass.  There are some things in life that are simply not meant to be shared.  :)

I visited the Center.  We have a fabulous view of the Purple Mountain from our shared office on the 6th floor.  And as previously reported to me, there is a bust of Dr. George Hatem (first non-Chinese party member) in the front courtyard, along with a green fig tree.  There was a sign asking patients to please respect the tree and not hang their clothes to dry there. 

With J's help, I've liberated my phone so we'll see if it works when I get a new card today! 

For dinner last night, X took me to a little street lined with tiny little shops and one table restaurants.  It was like a mini-night-market.  She treated me to half a duck and a bowl of noodles!  Will attempt to post photo of ducks.


Watch out, if you eat too much, you might turn into David, as in 大胃 (da wei = "big stomach"). 

No comments: